A small kitchen doesn’t have to mean dark or cramped, you can maximize a small kitchen by using these clever tips. From tricking the eye to great ways to get extra storage, these easy design ideas will help you love your small kitchen.
• Tone on Tone Colors Scheme – Trick the eye by using subtle variations of the same color palate.
• Strategic Shelving – Add a shelf above the backsplash to add room for spices or décor; place on a wall to display glasses or dishware and gain extra storage in the process.
• Design with an Island – If possible, open a closed off kitchen to the family or breakfast room, use an island as double duty by adding a breakfast bar on one side and sink, dishwasher and storage on the other.
• Tile a Whole Wall – Consider making a blank wall a focal point by tiling the space floor to ceiling. Glossy tile brings interest and light to the kitchen.
• Big Style Elements – There is no need to shy away from large fixtures simply because the space is smaller. Large retro pendant lights are a great way to not only light the space but add interest and a modern vibe to the kitchen.
• Seek Extra Storage – There is plenty of hidden storage opportunities in most kitchens. Pull out drawers are a great way to access the recessed areas of pantries and cabinets.
Small kitchens can be just as inviting as their spacious counterparts. With a little creativity and stagecraft, your kitchen can be the heart of the home, at any size.